Skip to main content

Study Start test for Business and Social Science students

The Study Start Test - How to Uni

As a new student you will have to pass a mandatory study start test in order to be able to continue on your programme. The study start test will show whether you have actually started and are active on your programme.

You must complete the first 5 modules of the online study start course ' How to Uni '. You will find How to Uni on our e-learning platform Itslearning. Each module finishes with a test. It is not difficult to pass the test if you review the course modules. The course will help you get started with your new life as a student.

The 5 modules must be completed and passed no later than 8 september 2021 at 23.59.

You already have the opportunity to enter the course, which you can take at your own pace until the deadline. You will find the study start course by logging into Itslearning through SDU Single Sign On ( This requires that you have activated your SDU account by ordering your student card.

Do you have any questions about How to Uni and the study start test, you can write to us at

If you do not pass

If you do not pass the study start test, there will be a second attempt. If you do not complete the modules or do not pass in the second attempt, you will be disenrolled from the university before 1 October.

Please note that once you have been disenrolled due to a failed study start test, you will not be able to apply for admission to the same programme later on, unless the university considers that your prerequisites for completing the program have improved considerably.

Ill during the test

If you are prevented from completing the test, due to illness, please contact immediately.

Please be aware that it is possible to take the Study Start Test over an extended period of time. However, you can only expect dispensation from the allocated time for the test, if you have been affected by illness over an prolonged period of the duration of the test. 

Subsequently, do the following:

  1. You must personally consult a doctor immediately  - i.e. that same day.
  2. You must provide medical documentation for the illness in the form of a doctor’s certificate. The certificate must state:
    On which date or during which period you are or have fallen ill.
    It is generally advised that the certificate contains a diagnosis
  3. Send the certificate to your study board at  immediately

Note that you have to pay for the doctor’s certificate.

It is important that you are aware that it is your responsibility to provide the doctor’s certificate in due time. This means that you should inform your doctor that you need urgent consultation.

Last Updated 24.06.2021