Read, listen, watch and learn about reading syllabus
When reading academic texts, you divide your work into three different phases;
- Before reading you prepare and activate your pre-understanding
- During reading you read your text with the right strategy
- After reading you remember what you read through repetition
Exercise for using reading phases
Download this PDF to use the 8 most important steps when reading in phases.
When skimming your text, you get;
- A pre-understanding of the topics
- An understanding of the difficulty of the text
- An overview of the topics and the length of the text
- It will be easier to choose the right strategy for working with the text
Exercise for skimming
Download this PDF that will help you use skimming when reading texts.
When reading thoroughly you get;
- A deeper understanding of the texts concepts and meaning
- Perspective you can use for the rest of your syllabus
- Material for repetition
Exercise for thorough reading
Download this PDF to get 5 important steps to thorough reading.