If you want to study outside of Europe, you can apply for one of our overseas exchange places. If you get a place, you will automatically be awarded a grant from the university's Internationalisation Fund.
There is a high demand for overseas exchange places, especially in the Anglo-Saxon countries and therefore we cannot always accommodate all applicants. It is therefore recommended that you consider multiple exchange places when you apply.
It is possible to go on overseas exchange through SDU both at your bachelor degree and at your master degree. Maximum one semester during each degree.
At some of our overseas partners it is stated that "Study Abroad" is an option. This means that SDU students can get a discount if they choose to study as a fee paying student. The "Study Abroad" option can be an opportunity in case you did not get the "free" exchange place, but are willing to pay to go to the university in question.
In case your application for the overseas exchange is rejected you will still have time to do a self-arranged study abroad period.
- In September, full lists of available exchange places will be published on these pages for the coming academic year (Autumn 2022/Spring 2023). The application portal also opens.
- Application deadline is 1 November 2021.
- If you have passed 30 ECTS at a university level before the deadline, we encourage you to apply in the autumn round to secure a spot as soon as possible.
- In early February, updated lists of exchange places which are still available and possible new places will be published on these pages for the coming academic year (Autumn 2022/Spring 2023). The application portal also opens.
- Application deadline is 1 March 2022.
Current application round - Autumn round 2021:
Autumn round: Overseas, Erasmus+ and Nordplus places in the academic year 2022-2023 (autumn semester 2022 and spring semester 2023).
From the autumn of 2020, the European and the overseas application rounds have been gathered in one single application. Therefore, it will now be possible to apply for both overseas and European exchange in one application. You will find the European exchange places on our Exchange within Europe site.
Below, you will find the list of overseas exchange places available in the academic year 2022-2023 (autumn semester 2022 and spring semester 2023). The deadline for applying in the autumn round 2021 is 1 November 2021.
Autumn round 2021: Overseas Exchange Places 2022/2023 (pdf)
Please note that partner agreements vary, meaning that some only cover specific faculties or even study programmes. It is important that you consider which exchange places are actually available to you based on your study area.
Below you can find important documents that you will need in connection to your exchange.
- Credits to ECTS table (Please note that this list is only a guideline. Your Study Board makes the final decision. )
- General Learning Agreement*
- Danish Grading Scale
* Learning agreement is not mandatory documentation for SDU International, but it might be required by some partner universities.