Do you want to help solve the climate crisis?
Do you believe the solution to the world’s climate problems must be found through interdisciplinary research? And do you want to be a part of that solution? Then don’t miss out on our Young Solutions workshop at SDU on 20 November.
In 2018, the Santa Fe Institute in New Mexico formed the framework for a meeting between the world’s leading international researchers across disciplines. On Saturday 20 November, students from SDU are invited to a one-day workshop, where the purpose is the same: To find great solutions to the climate crisis the world is facing.
The Solutions documentary documents the meeting at the Santa Fe Institute in 2018, and seeing it become part of the preparation for the workshop. Link is sent after registration.
From spectator to problem solver
The work will take place in study groups, where you will meet students from other programmes. Together you can come up with good solutions on how, through joint and interdisciplinary research, we may curb the ongoing climate crisis.
- The purpose of the workshop is to strengthen the interdisciplinary collaborations between students at the University and work together for a more sustainable future, says Flemming Bridal Rasmussen, Head of SDU’s sustainability HUB.
- We seek to move from being spectators to becoming problem solvers, and we hope that this interdisciplinary and collaborative method can be part of the solution, he says.
Saturday November 20 th , 2021
09.30-10.00: Breakfast, tea, and coffee
10.00-10.15: Short introduction by Pernille Rose Grønkjær (director of ’Solutions’) and Steen Rasmussen (initiator for the Santa Fe workshop)
10.15-12.00: Presentations and interdisciplinary brainstorm on concrete solutions
12.00-13.00: Lunch; sandwich and water
13.00-15.00: Presentations and interdisciplinary brainstorm on concrete solutions - continued
15.00-15.30: Break; coffee, tea, fruit, and cake
15.30-17.00: We develop and describe the solutions
17.00-18:00: Dinner; Pizza, beer, summery, and goodbye
Registration via direct mail to Flemming Bridal's SDU e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 15 th.
You will receive a confirmation by email.
After signing up:
(1) Prioritise three (1st, 2nd and 3rd priority) interdisciplinary topics selected from the provided list (link will be provided).
Before the workshop:
(2) Watch the movie Solutions (link will be provided).
(3) Prepare a presentation (5-8 minutes) on your selected topic.
We aim to have approx. 8 people of diverse professions in each group. Each person makes a presentation on their topics (overlapping may occur). The group will then brainstorm, discuss and help each other to find the best solutions. The results of your work could be a short ‘Manifesto’ as a text or a short film describing possible solutions. More details here (link will be provided).
Part of the workshop day will be filmed, but you are not required to participate in the film.