Under 'Important documents' you will find more information on the paperwork you need to prepare in advance.
Program for Orientation Days
We understand any concern you may have regarding COVID-19 and how it may affect the beginning of your semester at SDU. Please be patient with us, as we are working on making your Orientation Days both fruitful and safe. We will keep you informed as soon as we have any new information.
August 28th, 2020: Orientation Day for all international students at Odense CampusDetailed programme will be available in the beginning of August
August 31st, 2020: Orientation Day at the faculties
Detailed programme will be available in the beginning of August
September 1st, 2020: Students to all faculties start classes
January 28th, 2021: Orientation Day for all international students at Odense CampusDetailed programme to be announced in the beginning of January 2021
January 29th, 2021: Orientation Day at the faculties
Detailed programme to be announced in the beginning of January 2021
February 1st, 2021: Students to all faculties start classesDetailed programme to be announced in the beginning of January 2021
Important documents to bring on Orientation Day
On the first Orientation Day, you will have to register for a residence permit, Danish Social Security Number (CPR)and health care in Denmark.
You will receive information about the registration process and the required documents beforehand.
Please remember to bring the following documents:
For the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (website)
(EU citizens only, excl. Nordic citizens)
- Print and fill in the application form for residence permit (Click here)*
- Bring 1 passport sized photo (3,5 * 4,5 cm) - copy of photo printed on normal paper is not accepted, so bring a real photo
- Bring a copy of your passport or your national identity card
- Bring a copy of your enrolment letter
*Please leave out appendices A, B1 and B2 as they are not necessary for the application.
For the National Register:
- Print and fill in the provided registration form (Arrival from foreign countries)
- Bring your passport or national ID
- Bring a copy of your passport or your national identity card (a total of two copies)
- Bring a copy your tenancy agreement or offer of accommodation (PRINTED)
- For non EU citizens: Bring a copy of your residence permit if you already have one(PRINTED)
Without the above mentioned documentation, you cannot apply for a residence permit.
Non-EU citizens with a residence permit and Nordic citizens can hand in the above mentioned documentation for the National Register in the Student Services OR go straight to the National Register in town.
The National Register will return to the university a few weeks after, in order to finalize the registration of the CPR numbers. More information will follow in a separate e-mail.