Under 'Important documents' you will find more information on the paperwork you need to prepare in advance.
Program for Orientation Days
August 28th, 2020: Orientation Day for all international students at Odense CampusProgram to follow
August 29th, 2020: Orientation Day at the faculties
Program to follow
September 1st, 2020: Students to all faculties start classes
January 30th, 2020: Orientation Day for all international students at Odense Campus
8.30-17.00: Welcome by SDU International and registration with Danish authorities
Welcome by SDU International
Registration with the Danish authorities
Tour of campus and receive student card*
Practical information about life in Denmark
Free lunch will be served during the day
Full degree students: Remember to register in the link sent to you by e-mail.
Room information will be sent to you by e-mail mid-January as students are divided into groups.
* Only exchange and guest students will receive their student cards on January 30. Full degree students will receive their student card on January 31.
January 31st, 2020: Orientation Day at the faculties
Faculty of Business and Social Sciences - for exchange and guest students
Faculty of Business and Social Sciences - for full degree students
February 3rd, 2020: Students to all faculties start classes
Important documents to bring on Orientation Day
On the first Orientation Day, you will have to register for a residence permit, Danish Social Security Number (CPR)and health care in Denmark.
You will receive information about the registration process and the required documents beforehand.
Please remember to bring the following documents:
For the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (website)
(EU citizens only, excl. Nordic citizens)
- Print and fill in the application form for residence permit (Click here)*
- Bring 1 passport sized photo (3,5 * 4,5 cm) - copy of photo printed on normal paper is not accepted, so bring a real photo
- Bring a copy of your passport or your national identity card
- Bring a copy of your enrolment letter
*Please leave out appendices A, B1 and B2 as they are not necessary for the application.
For the National Register:
- Print and fill in the provided registration form (Arrival from foreign countries)
- Bring your passport or national ID
- Bring a copy of your passport or your national identity card (a total of two copies)
- Bring a copy your tenancy agreement or offer of accommodation (PRINTED)
- For non EU citizens: Bring a copy of your residence permit if you already have one(PRINTED)
Without the above mentioned documentation, you cannot apply for a residence permit.
Non-EU citizens with a residence permit and Nordic citizens can hand in the above mentioned documentation for the National Register in the Student Services OR go straight to the National Register in town.
The National Register will return to the university a few weeks after, in order to finalize the registration of the CPR numbers. More information will follow in a separate e-mail.