Skip to main content

Parental leave

If you are going to have a child and would like a leave of absence from your studies, you can either choose to use your right to parental leave dispensations, or you can apply for leave because of maternity or paternity

You can read more about maternity and paternity leave and your possibilities on this page


Please note. If you are a student at the Faculty of Engineering, you must apply for dispensation regarding maternity/paternity leave with the Academic Study Board of the Faculty of Engineering. If you have any questions regarding your leave, please contact your programme coordinator. Contact information for your programme coordinator is located here.



Do you need support? 

Contact Educational Law & Registration if you have any questions regarding the above mentioned rules. You can do this either via or by calling at 65501059 (between 10 a.m. and 12 a.m.).


Contact Student Services if you have questions about SU, Admission, SDU international, Syddansk Elite,  SPS and other services at SDU.

Contact the counselling at your studies if you need specific knowledge related to your study eg. knowledge about your study plan or how to write a dispensation application.

Contact the General Study counselling if you need guidance concerning general study topics such as study techniques, well-being or simply just find it hard to know who to go to with your questions. 

Last Updated 28.02.2024