Skip to main content

Registration for courses and examinations

How to register for courses for subjects and examinations

 You are responsible for registering for classes in the subjects you would like to follow. You register for the subjects you are interested in via SDU student self-service.

Please note! Once you have enrolled in the classes, you are also automatically enrolled in the first attempted exam and the tests that are part of the subject.


Enrolment periods

Enrolment in classes take place at the same time for all students at SDU:

Registration for subjects and examinations in the autumn semester: 20. - 30. May

Registration for subjects and examinations in the spring semester: 20. 30. November

Please note! In relation to enrolling in classes and examinations, there are two exceptions that you need to be aware of:

  • First semester of all bachelor programmes: here SDU will automatically enrol you in classes when you are accepted into the bachelor programme. In some programmes, you are automatically enrolled in classes in your whole first study-year at the bachelor programme - i.e. both first and second semester. Find out from your programme regulations whether this is the case for you.
  • Please note that in some programmes, you will automatically be registered for the master’s thesis when you have passed 40 ECTS. Find out from your programme regulations whether this is the case for you.


You decide how many ECTS credits you would like to register

At SDU, there is no general requirement for compulsory registration for courses and exams in a certain number of ECTS points per study year. However, you need to be aware of the study activity requirement, which you can read more about here.


Do you need support? 

Contact Educational Law & Registration if you have any questions regarding the above mentioned rules. You can do this either via or by calling at 65501059 (between 10 a.m. and 12 a.m.).


Contact Student Services if you have questions about SU, Admission, SDU international, Syddansk Elite,  SPS and other services at SDU.

Contact the counselling at your studies if you need specific knowledge related to your study eg. knowledge about your study plan or how to write a dispensation application.

Contact the General Study counselling if you need guidance concerning general study topics such as study techniques, well-being or simply just find it hard to know who to go to with your questions. 

Last Updated 29.11.2018