Skip to main content
Help and Guidance

Foreign student

If you are a foreign citizen, you must fulfil specific conditions in order to be granted equal status with Danish citizens and receive state educational grant (SU).
That means you have to make two application, one for SU and one for equal status.

There are two sets of rules according to which you can apply for equal status: Danish rules or the rules of EU law. Depending on the rules under which you apply, there are different conditions that you must fulfil.
Click here to learn more about the conditions: Equal status according to Danish rules, or equal status according to EU law (if you are a worker or self-employed person under EU law, then look here).

All applications must be send online via minSU.

Applications for SU can be made here: - minSU (log in with nemID) - Søg SU

You can access the application for equal status by clicking on the link on the receipt page, after you have applied for SU.

You can also access the application for equal status here: - minSU - Søg SU - Application for equal status (foreign citizens)

Last Updated 07.02.2024