Skip to main content

How to withdraw from your studies

The practicalities concerning withdrawing from your studies

You withdraw from your studies at SDU via SPOC at

Choose “Education Law & Registration” where you will find the item “withdrawal”. 

Remember you have 14 days to change your withdrawal.


Written documentation 

Written documentation of your withdrawal will be sent to your e-boks. If you do not have an e-boks, the documentation will be sent to your student e-mail.


Your student card

When you withdraw from your studies you need to hand in your student card.


SU when you have withdrawn

The Danish Agency for Institutions and Educational Grants will automatically be notified about your withdrawal.


Do you need support?

Contact Educational Law & Registration if you have any questions regarding the above mentioned rules. You can do this either via or by calling at 65501059 (between 10 a.m. and 12 a.m.).

Contact Student Services if you have questions about SU, Admission, SDU international, Syddansk Elite,  SPS and other services at SDU.

Contact the counselling at your studies if you need specific knowledge related to your study eg. knowledge about your study plan or how to write a dispensation application.

Contact the General Study counselling if you need guidance concerning general study topics such as study techniques, well-being or simply just find it hard to know who to go to with your questions.

Last Updated 07.02.2024