Do you need a counseling or have questions?
Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org eller call us at 65501801 (monday + wednesday from 10-12).
FAQ about counseling sessions
Is it you guys, I have to contact?
We are a good place to go first
If you are experiencing problems that you do not know who can help you, then we are a good place to go first. We can help you create an overview, and possibly find the departments you need to talk to.
We are a central counselling service for students at SDU
We provide counselling from a central perspective, that is, we counsel on general topics, and also have a good knowledge of where you can get the more subject-specific counselling related to your study environment.
All students at SDU can contact us. So you do not need a referral or similar to talk to us.
We are an anonymous counselling
It means :
- You don't have to tell us who you really are.
- You do not need to tell us your CPR number or study number.
- We do not journal our conversation, unless it has a nature of casework, or if we inform you about rules and regulations that you cannot find on our website.
- We have a duty of confidentiality. But if you tell us about an illegal incident, then we have a duty to report.
What we can help you with
Here is just a small selection of the topics we can discuss
- Deal with the unforeseen; eg. illness, a failed exam, that you are stuck in your progress or that the study group is not working
- A talk about doubt; Is it the right study programme, is your combination the right one, options and choices along the way
- Maintain or strengthen your motivation for studying
- Optimize your study technique and exam management
- Get your workday structured and help you create a good balance in everyday life
- Get a good bachelor and thesis process
- And then we have an overview of the many possibilities for support and guidance that are otherwise available at SDU
This is how a meeting at the general counselling works
The framework for a counselling
The meeting is set for 45 min. We start with you and your situation. We would like to help you get new perspectives on your challenges, wishes, concerns, dreams, thoughts about the future, etc. It's your time, so we focus on what is on your mind.This counselling session is yours, so the topic of our session is up to you.
Can I get more than one session?
Yes you can. We always assess together whether it makes sense to book another session.
Do I need to prepare something?
It is always a good idea that you have considered in advance what you want out of the counselling session. But we know your situation can be so messy that it can be difficult to answer in advance. That is why we always start our sessions by examining exactly what the focus and the outcome should be for the counselling.
How to book an appointment
You book a counselling session with us by writing an email to email@example.com
In the mail you must make a brief description of your problem and what you want to get out of the conversation.
Also write your phone number and we will call you and arrange time and place over the phone.
Remember to write from your SDU mail, so we can ensure you safe digital communication.
Booking of appointment by phone
You are also welcome to call us at 6550 1801 manday and wednesday between 10-12 am
Booking of appointment at Student Service in Odense
(Because og Covid-19 this is not a possibility at the moment) Between. 10-14 on weekdays it is also a possibillity to book an appointment by going to Student Service in Odense.
How to find us for an individual meeting
Because of the Civd-19 situation all counselling sessions are online either over the Telephone or via a Skype connection which we will provide.