You cannot continue your studies if you
- Did not pass the commencement of studies exam. If you do not pass the commencement og studies exam on the second attempt, you will be withdrawn from your studies.
- Have used three exam attempts without passing. If you have not passed your subject in the third attempt, you will be withdrawn from the programme. Read more about exams here.
- Did not pass the first-year examination If you do not pass the first-year examination within the given deadlines, you will be withdrawn from your programme, whether or not you have used your 3 exam attempts. Read more about the first-year examination here.
- Have used up your maximum study time. If you do not adhere to the time limit, you will be discharged from your programme. If you during a period have leave, this period is not included when calculating your study activity. Read more about the time limit rules here.
- Are not an active student. You need to live up to the requirement for study activity. If you don’t live up to the requirement for study activity, you will be withdrawn from your programme. If you during a period have leave, this period is not included when calculating your study activity. Read more about the study activity requirement here.
If you have been notified that you will be withdrawn from your studies because of one of the circumstances mentioned before, the university will register this as the reason for the withdrawal, also if you withdrew before the expiration of the notice. Check your student e-mail account regularly, as this is where you will receive such notifications.
Do you need support?
Contact Student Services if you have questions about SU, Admission, SDU international, Syddansk Elite, SPS and other services at SDU.
Contact the counselling at your studies if you need specific knowledge related to your study eg. knowledge about your study plan or how to write a dispensation application.
Contact the General Study counselling if you need guidance concerning general study topics such as study techniques, well-being or simply just find it hard to know who to go to with your questions.