You will have to apply for an exchange place via our online application system (click the apply button to the right).
Please take note of the following points when applying:
- Prioritize the places you wish to apply for
- Set up a realistic and relevant study plan for each priority. You do not have to apply for pre-approval from the Study Board, before knowing which exchange place you get, but you should know which courses you need to substitute. This is to make sure that the exchange place is relevant to you.
- Submit the application within the deadline.
Application rounds are held twice a year.
- In September, full lists of available exchange places will be published for the coming academic year (Autumn 2021/Spring 2022). The application portal also opens.
- Application deadline is 1 November 2020.
- If you have passed 30 ECTS at a university level before the deadline, we encourage you to apply in the autumn round to secure a spot as soon as possible.
- In January, updated lists of exchange places which are still available and possible new places will be published for the coming academic year (Autumn 2021/Spring 2022). The application portal also opens.
- Application deadline is 1 March 2021.
Applications to the SDU Internationalisation Fund for self-arranged study/project-oriented placements abroad:
- At least 1 month before the start date. Earlier applications are much appreciated. During the summer months it is a good idea to apply even earlier due to summer holidays