Skip to main content

Financial problems

Are you experiencing financial difficulties?
Students often experience financial difficulties. For example, if you lose your right to receive grant funding (SU) because you have failed an exam and so you cannot finish your studies on time, then your livelihood has disappeared.

In general, students cannot claim social security. In other words there is nowhere to claim the means to subsist until you leave your studies and seek employment on the job market.

In special circumstances you can apply for financial help even though you are a student. These situations may be divorce or illness, for example.

Social Services
You are entitled to talk to the Social Services, where you can get advice and counselling about financial problems and have your application for financial support processed.

Responsible for page: Master’s Admission & Counselling

Last Updated 21.07.2021