Date: October 22nd 2020
Time: 16.15 – 18.00
Please check your Master’s Thesis Blackboard page for more information on how to join the workshop.
The workshop will be recorded and uploaded after the event.
The first part of workshop aims to inform about the formal rules and procedures concerning:
- registration and application for a supervisor and topic
- deadlines to meet
- the writing process and the requirements concerning the formal structure of the thesis
In the second part the students are introduced to:
- the library resources (e.g. databases, workshops, thesis writing environment)
- how to make focused and delimited literature search
The third part aims to help the students understand and become aware of
- the different research genres
- what a good research question is and how to formulate a more precise research question
- the standard content of an academic paper and how knowledge is produced
- the potential problems and points to pay attention to in the writing process