As a graduate in the Humanities the options are many and you have the privilege of being able to have jobs in many different sectors. It may be in the private sector, public institutions, and organizations among others. The job titles on the job market for graduates in the Humanities may range from project manager to analyst and consultant among many others. The job title does not necessarily refer to your academic background but, naturally, you’ll be drawing on it in executing the job. In other words, you may hold a job in all kinds of companies, organizations and sectors – all it takes is the need for an employee with your competences.
Think about your competences during your course of study
During your course of study, it is important that you think about what you can and will work with after graduation during your course of study. That way you may tone your academic profile according to your wishes.
Doing your study preparation, exam assignments and other study activities it can be difficult to find out, which competences all your hard work gives you.
A Master in Business, Language and Culture is an intense learning process in which you learn to:
- master your chosen foreign language at a high level both in writing and speaking
- assess and select relevant scientific theories, methods and tools within business economics and the area of culture and communication in general
- convey research based knowledge and discuss professional and scientific questions with colleagues as well as non-specialists
- initiate and carry out professional and interdisciplinary cooperation and assume professional responsibility
Perhaps you are now thinking that you are developing more skills and other exciting competences, which is very good because you’re the expert who can continue the "list" during your studies.
What will you work as when you’ve finished your education? This question has probably been given to you in numerous occasions without you knowing what to answer. It may also be a question you ask yourself. If you'd like some inspiration for an answer, it's good you're reading this. You have many possibilities with your competences.
You will be able to have a job or a career where you are going to:
- perform independent business functions - both in Denmark and abroad – that require specialist knowledge in Human Resource Management, International Relations, International Sales Management, Global Marketing Management, and International Communication Management
- draw up explanatory models for consumer behavior
- perform independent business functions both in Denmark and abroad in commercial enterprises, organisations and areas of the public sector
- enter projects relating to communication and marketing in private and public companies
- discuss the effects of national monetary and fiscal interventions on exchange rates and employment
A MA in Business, Language and Culture gives you a profound knowledge of economics, communication and culture that enables you to be a key decision-maker in global organisations. You will be qualified to be an expert in international business, negotiation and intercultural communication.
Several times during your studies, you may doubt what you’re doing - and if you have chosen correctly. Although doubts can be uncomfortable, doubts are a chance to think about what choices you have doing your studies. The options can help to tune your profile in the direction you think is exciting and makes sense in your career plans.
Perhaps you think it might be exciting to work with communication, export, marketing, at an embassy or something else entirely, but you don’t know if you have what it takes. Luckily you have a chance to figure it out during your studies.
Or maybe you are considering trying a student job in which you can get the opportunity to solve tasks where you make use of some of your competences from your studies and discover new career opportunities that you didn’t know would be an opportunity for someone with your skills.
These and many other activities are the kind of possibilities that can help you profile yourself and shed new light on your career opportunities.
If you need an overview of your career opportunities or get feedback on how to get there, please contact our career advisors.
Do you need help figuring out what you can and want to do?
➤Contact Career Guidance