On this page you will find links to the application forms you must fill out if you need to apply to the Academic Study Board for dispensation, credit, special exam conditions, etc.
Read below before completing the application form at https://spoc.sdu.dk/
When you are logged in, choose "Study Board" and subsequently "Dispensation" or "Credit transfer". For pre-approval of internship, choose the option "Application for pre-approval of individual activities".
Applications that are not submitted via the application link will not be processed.
Your application and all relevant attachments (criteria for attachments are described in the individual forms) must be received by the Academic Study Board no later than 14 days before the next Academic Study Board meeting. The Academic Study Board will confirm receipt of your application.
Please note that the processing time of applications for credit can be up to one month.
If your application concerns dispensations based on illness or injury, you must provide documentation containing the following information:
- A diagnosis, if possible
- A brief description of any treatment
- Information regarding the time-related correlation between your illness or injury, and the specific exemption that you are seeking. It is important that your doctor documents that a consultation has taken place on a date prior to the issuance of the medical certificate.
- A description of how the illness or injury has affected / affects your ability to study in the semesters relevant to your application.
Transcripts of hospital records or similar are not accepted as medical documentation.
Pre-approval of electives
Please note that it is still necessary to apply for pre-approval even though the course you are interested in is on the list.
Pre-approval of project-oriented work (internships):
Guidelines for project-oriented work are available here.
If you have previously been enrolled in another programme at the same level, you MUST apply for credit transfer. This applies even if you do not wish to be granted credit transfer.
Your application should contain the following:
- Examination certificate for subjects you have passed (copy of original certificate/transcript of records)
- Course description describing the academic content of the course(s) you have passed in other programmes, incl. learning objectives, exam form and literature list
- Overview of your passed learning objectives equivalent the learning objectives of the course that you wish credit transferred to
You should submit your application as soon as possible and no later than 1 October.
If you have any queries, you are welcome to contact your academic supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org
The decisionThe decision on your application will be sent to your SDU email address no later than two weeks after the Academic Study Board meeting. The decisions will only be informed in writing.
The International Account at the Faculty of Health Sciences
Students may apply for support from the international account in connection with studies abroad.
Application deadlines: 1 April and 1 October