1. It is your responsibility to enroll in courses
It is your responsibility to enroll in courses, including assignments and projects, for the coming semester.
You enroll in courses through the Student Self Service
- Between May 20th-30th for the courses in the autumn semester.
- Between November 20th-30th for courses in the spring semester.
The Student Self Service is opened for course registration at 00:00 May/November 20th and closed again at 24:00 May/November 30th.
- 2. Course registration means exam registration
3. You cannot cancel your course registration
When you have enrolled in courses, you cannot withdraw it again – not even if you have signed up for more than the recommended 30 ECTS per semester.
The rules for electives are different. You have the option to change your elective until 3 weeks after the start of the semester. If you wish to so, you must contact Educational Law & Registration.
4. Which courses do you need to enrol in?
As a rule, you should sign up for courses placed in the coming semester according to the process model. Please note, that in case of changes you must follow the latest version of a course, unless other provisions have been stipulated. You can see changes in your curriculum.
Consider electives before the registration period
Consider which electives you would like to take, before the registration periods opens, if you have electives in the coming semester. Also, make sure to check if there is limited student capacity in the specific elective and whether the spots in the elective is filled on a first come, first served basis. That way you'll be ready to register as soon a the registration period opens.
5. If it doesn't go as expected: individual study plan
If you are delayed in your programme e.g. due to not passing examinations in previous semesters, it may be a good idea to enroll in courses in a different order than planned, i.e. making an individual study plan.
- 6. Do you need to be withdrawn from courses/examinations? Apply for exemption
Do you have questions about course registration?
➤ Contact The Student Guidance Service.