Why consider a work placement?
There are many reasons why making a work placement part of your course of study is a good idea. The aim is to ensure that you:
- Are given the chance to test and practice your theoretical skills
- To experience what it is like to actually solve a problem in reality
- Reflect on your possibilities and limitations with respect to your competences
- Get the perfect chance to start building a professional network
Numerous studies show that such work experiences will make you a much more attractive job applicant after graduation.
How is it beneficial for the company/organisation?
A work placement is not only good for you, but it is actually also beneficial for the company/organisation. By making you part of their company/organisation for a period of time, it gives them access to the latest research in their field and a chance to be looked over by your unprejudiced scrutiny.
Project-oriented study at Economics and Business Administration:
During your 5th semester, the project- and trainee period is a 10 ECTS elective.
Below you can read more about general conditions with respect to the project-oriented study.
Registration is done via the Student Self Service as for other courses.
The internship must be related to the contents of the study programme. Further, the work to be performed during the internship must consist of appropriate tasks, i.e. mainly tasks that will allow you to apply theories and methods learnt during the programme and write up an academic report about the problem solving process.
Companies and organizations can give students in unpaid project oriented courses and on unpaid study stays an acknowledgment of up to DKK 3,000 a month. Students who participate in project oriented courses abroad may receive a salary if there is a legal requirement for minimum wages in the country in question.
You seek out an organization where you would like stay for an internship. You may get ideas for organizations and tasks from looking into the job bank at SDU - www.sdu.dk/jobbank.
You agree the tasks that you are going to work with and/or the problem that you will solve with the organisation. Task and topic/problem must be approved by your line responsible and later your supervisor.
Before an agreement with the company is made, you must, to the line responsible professor, account for the expected tasks and their relevance in the context of the subject areas in the study programme.
If the line responsible can approve of the relevance of the tasks, you are ready to fill in the digital form to be assigned a supervisor. Based on the information that you give, the head of the relevant research group will allocate a supervisor for your project.
You can find the digital form below the information about the process.
Deadline for wish for supervisor is 1 October. We recommend that you fill in the form well before this date.
(The Profile responsible may grant deviations from the deadline for approval of the agreement)
Your supervisor and the profile responsible must approve the contents and the goal for the project report before the deadline. This is a requirement for submission of the report for the exam. To get approval on time, you must, as soon as possible make contact with your supervisor and discuss your project proposal with him or her.
For approval, you need to add information to the form that you used for requesting a supervisor.
The agreement that you upload must as a minimum contain the following information:
Information about the Company/organisation. You can use an agreement form from the company or you can use the agreement available at the job and career center. You must give the following information as a minimum:
- Name of organization/company at which the internship takes place
- Name and title of contact person at the study site
- Period for internship
- Working hours per week
- Description of the work content of the internship
A preliminary project description including
- concrete and specific ideas about the focus of the project,
- suggested methods to be used
- relevant literature
- an explicit outline the compulsory courses and the topics (the competencies) that you expect to be use during the internship.
- To find a company or another organization for the project- and trainee period and agree on tasks to be solved.
- To have a meeting with the profile responsible and fill in the form for requesting a supervisor with the necessary information as early as possible.
- To get the supervisor agreement approved before the deadline.
- i.e. October 1(autumn)
- To hand in a report before the deadline.
- Find the deadline in the plan of examinations