MySDU – For students at SDU
Subject Specific Competences
What are subject specific competences? And what subject specific competences do I get during my education?
DE FAGLIGE KOMPTENCER SKAL INDSÆTTES HER. MEN DETTE ER ET SPECIFIKT TEKSTAFSNIT!
When you work with different academic challenges and tools, you acquire general academic competences.
Often it is not the product that’s being evaluated, but your capacity to be critical about the process you have gone through, and how you have approached the challenges during the process to the product.
What are my general academic competences?
Through your programme you’ll acquire among others the following general academic competences:
- Being able to isolate, define and analyze a professional problem by using relevant theories and methods
- Being able to systematize complex knowledge and data and select and prioritize that which is important for the subject matter
- Being able to critically assess the various theories and methods in the academic field
- Being able to apply concepts precisely and consistently and being able to engage in dialogue and argue on a basic theoretical foundation
- Being able to critically assess sources and document them
- Being able to convey professional problems and solutions in a way that make them relevant and understandable to various segments
- Being able to handle complex and development-oriented situations and cooperate and being able to both give and accept constructive criticism
- Being able to work independently, disciplined, structured and goal-oriented, and keep deadlines and formalities
Read more about your general academic competences in your curriculum.