Your personal competences are about who you are, what characterizes you, and what motivates you. They also describe how you work and how you relate to other people. Maybe you really like collaborating with others or maybe you like taking the lead in the group and making decisions.
What are my personal competences?
Defining your personal competences can be difficult. Try this:
Recall the last time you participated in a project work:
- How did you go about the process from the beginning?
- What went well?
- What didn't go so well?
- What did you do or which competences did you use that made it go well?
Ask other people how they would characterize you:
- What do other people say that you're good at?
- How would they describe you?
- What do other people thank you for?