MySDU – For students at SDU
Endnote installation for students - Windows
Endnote installation for students using Windows
- Close all Office programs: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
- If you are a previous Endnote user, make sure to uninstall the obsolete version first from Control panel / Remove program. Don't delete your Endnote library and the connected Data folder, if you still plan to use your old library.
- Open Blackboard /myLEARN /Software.
Scroll down to EndNote, find the Windows version and choose download.
A downloaded zip file appears (here shown in Chrome). Click on the small arrow right from Endnotex9.zip and choose Show in folder.
The zip file will be presented. Right click it and choose Extract all.
If you miss out on this extraction, the installation will miss the license and you will be asked for a 30-days free trial period. If you see this, you must uninstall, find the zip file i your downloads and start over.
- Click on Extract.
- Double click on the folder Endnote X9.
Choose and click on ENX9Inst.msi.
Run the Endnote X9 Set Up wizard: Next, Accept, Next, choose: I accept the licence agreement, choose Typical, Next, Next.
If the computer is still running some Office programs, you will be asked to close them, so the installation can be completed.
Now you are able to locate EndNote as an app (program) on your computer. Locate it via Search below in the left corner. You can recognize Endnote by it's icon with app written below. You can right click the icon and choose Pin to taskbar, so it's easy for you to find.
- Open the EndNote program. Download any updates, if they are showing. Always make sure to keep the program updated, when you get update information.
- When the program is installed, you can delete the zip file and the extracted files from your download folder.