Searching for Theses
You can search for Theses from SDU in the library catalogue and in Summon. You can not search for specials by topic search, as it is not all the topics that are subject-indexed.
The library only stores Theses from SDU in printed version and they can be ordered for use at monitored reading rooms, in Odense, for example, on the monitored reading room. Some of the specials have clauses and you can not access them all.
In the Catalogue
- Use Advanced Search to searche for Theses.
- Limit to Theses at Materials (at the bottom of the page).
- Search at the department from which you want Theses. For example, if you write "Department of Political Science" in the field of words or sentences, you will see the specializations approved at the SDU Institute of Political Science.
- Click Order at the Theses you would like to read. After you log in for the first time, you can order more specials.
- Use Advanced search to search for Theses in Summon.
- Find "Select Material Type" and limit to Theses by scrolling down to the "Theses"-box and selecting it.
- Search at the department from which you want specialties. For example, if you write "Department of Political Science" in the "All fields"-box, you will see the Theses approved at the SDU Institute of Political Science.
- When searching for Theses in Summon, Summon refers you to the Catalogue when you tap the individual title. Here you order and log on. If you are looking for Theses in Summon, and therefore need to switch between Summon and the Catalogue, you will need to log in every time you want to order a new Thesis.
PhD dissertations from SDU can be searched via the Danish National Research Database - some can be accessed in pdf. Dissertations from the Faculty of Humanities in SDU can also be accessed via Ph.d.-dissertations since 2001 (in Danish only).
Books on writing Thesis
There is a lot of literature about writing a Thesis. Find and order what you need in the Library Catalogue.